Hackforge is an inclusive society where everyone is welcome regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or religion – to discuss and learn more about technology in an environment of mutual respect, tolerance and encouragement. We want all participants to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Therefore, all participants are expected to be nice and respectful towards each other.
To clarify what is expected of members, everyone in Hackforge is obliged to follow this code of conduct. It applies to all of the association’s physical meetings, events and the like, as well as all communication channels.
We strive to provide a fun, educational and friendly atmosphere in the club. Participants violating these rules may be asked to leave Hackforge immediately.
- Think about what you say. Remember that sexist, racist and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. They are not suitable in Hackforge.
- Be nice to each other. Do not insult or act in a derogatory manner towards any participant.
- Harassment includes offensive or unwanted comments about (for example) gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity or religion, deliberate intimidation, stalking, unwanted photographs or recording, sustained disruption of talks, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Participants who are encouraged to stop their inappropriate behavior or their harassment are expected to do so immediately.
- If anyone observes a participant displaying improper behavior, he/she should contact a Hackforge board member (in particular, the chair of the Membership committee) immediately. All complaints to Hackforge will remain confidential, be taken seriously, investigated and dealt with appropriately.
- Hackforge is aware of its responsibilities in ensuring its continuation as a successful and productive hackerspace. If an incident occurs, Hackforge will give a formal apology to the offended party and future actions will be taken to make sure it does not reoccur.
- Any or all of the following countermeasures are to be expected: the alleged offender may be requested to change their behavior. If the behavior continues, the alleged offender is to immediately leave the site and/or be prohibited from participating in future events and the incident may be reported to the appropriate authorities (depending on severity) — this is however the very last resort, considering our interest in keeping things friendly and social for the benefit of everyone involved.
This Code applies to everyone involved in Hackforge, in any capacity or form.