March 28, 2022
We’ve launched WindsorEssexCycling.ca, received input from local cyclists, and looked into the code with developers, so now it’s time to bring it all together! This May, Hackforge, along with The City of Windsor Bicycle Committee, CWATS, and Parallel 42 Systems, is running a Hackathon to customize and enhance our digital cycling tools.
Some of the feature requests we’ve heard from the community include:
- A-to-B navigation indicating the safety level of various routes
- Pleasure-ride routes based on estimated time to accomplish
- Suggested routes between local businesses (e.g. brewery/winery routes)
- All city and county trails represented on a single map
- Bike lane/path issue reporting to municipalities and publication for other cyclists
Interested parties can register for free as individuals or groups (or individuals looking for groups!) to participate. People of all skillsets and experience levels are welcome, including project managers, cyclists, designers, and developers. Participants will have access to expert mentors, weekly development training sessions, and more to help them improve their skills throughout the Hackathon process.
Submit your information to get started, and contact email@example.com with any questions.