June 22, 2015
Computer Girls Facilitator Assistant
Hours: Flexible part time
Computer Girls offers computer training to women and young women in the Windsor & Essex County area at no cost. These classes are made possible through a partnership between Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. (WEST) and Hackforge, with support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
The two streams of classes teach computer coding and basic computer skills to women. The Computer Girls Facilitator Assistant will be helping the main Facilitator with program development, teaching, and outreach. This person will work both with Hackforge and Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc.
- Assist in instructing coding and basic computer skills classes for women
- Promote the classes in the community through social media
- Seek out partners in the community
- Help develop further curriculum for the program
- Recruit women in the IT sector to instruct classes
- Working knowledge of computer basics
- Computer programming experience
- Experience working in a team and taking initiative
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Teaching experience is an asset
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Computer Girls Facilitator Assistant” by midnight, Sunday, June 28th.