Hackforge is Hiring: IT Outreach Coordinator
February 20, 2015
by admin in Jobs, News, Ontario Trillium Foundation
IT Outreach Coordinator
Job Type: Part-time (8 hours per week)
Hackforge’s IT Outreach program works with Windsor-Essex nonprofits to solve their technical issues. The IT Outreach Coordinator would assess these projects, create work orders, and then help a beginner IT worker to complete the project and follow up.
Some examples of specific projects for local organizations: refurbishing computer labs, RFID swipecard door-entry systems, website development, social media literacy.
- Search out nonprofits in need of a technological problem that needs solving
- Assess the potential projects and create work orders
- Help find workers to complete projects and survey their work
- Assess the final outcome and create a report
- Promote the IT Outreach projects through social media
- A background (academic or professional) in computer analysis or electronics
- Experience working independently and taking initiative
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Customer service experience would be an asset
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IT Outreach Coordinator” by midnight, February 27th.