May 7, 2014
Windsor Hackforge is hiring a program coordinator.
Reporting to the board, the program coordinator will manage relationships with partner agencies, develop and plan individual projects and work with other staff members to oversee their execution.
The program coordinator will recruit, manage and schedule volunteers for Hackforge programming as directed by the board.
Volunteer recruitment includes attending events on behalf of Hackforge for the purpose of recruitment and public engagement, and negotiating formal volunteer contracts with Hackforge volunteers.
This position is a one-year contract position at 24 hours per week. A benefit package is included. After year 1, contract extensions are possible at 40 hours per week.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Coordinator” by midnight, May 18th.
Education and Experience
– Post-Secondary diploma or degree or previous experience in community development
– Ability to work independently as well as with others
– Excellent communication skills, especially writing and public speaking
– Strong organizational skills
– Able to communicate effectively online using social media
– Previous experience working with volunteers would be an asset
– A general understanding of the roles within the IT industry would be an asset